Arriving in Vauxhall showrooms in late summer, the all-new Vivaro Life is available to order now in two trims: the opulent Elite luxury limousine and the Edition multi-functional passenger carrier.
Range highlights include:
- Diesel powertrain (Manual/Automatic) with battery electric version due in 2021
- Two wheelbases or lengths are available (Medium and Large)
- Smart driver assistance and safety features available such as lane departure warning, speed sign recognition, driver drowsiness alert, blind spot detection, intelligent cruise control, front collision alert and advanced emergency braking system
- Technological innovations include xenon deadlights, split-folding tailgate, panoramic rear camera, hands-free power sliding doors and IntelliGrip (grip assistance in adverse conditions).
All-New Vivaro Life Elite
Priced from £40,705 on-the-road, the top-of-the-range Vivaro Life Elite is a stylish and well-appointed go-anywhere family car, or luxury limousine. With space for up to eight occupants, there’s plenty of load space for luggage and a raft of innovative technology. Initially offered as a diesel but with a pure electric version announced for 2021, this is another milestone on the journey to electrifying the Vauxhall brand.
Elite is based on the same EMP2 modular platform (Efficient Modular Platform) that Grandland X and Combo Life both utilise. This realises a superior car-like driving dynamic and behaviour. The platform also brings significant other attributes such as beneficial technology, practical innovations and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
The exterior design perfectly encapsulates Vauxhall’s new design language. It cleverly blends purity and boldness but is a practical people carrier, too. The interior design is opulent, well-appointed, and focused on comfort and enjoyment.
The driver enjoys a commanding position and features like ergonomic, electrically-operated heated front seats with massage facility and panoramic roof, making it the ultimate luxury lounge on wheels. Elite also has an array of smart technology such as an intuitive 7-inch touchscreen, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and smart navigation system. Vauxhall Connect and panoramic rear-view camera are also included.
Elite is a versatile yet sophisticated people carrier, with enough space for the whole family and more. It is engineered to be totally flexible. A five-seater configuration is standard but the customer can option the third row to make it an eight-seater. There is also a second row option of two individual seats which then enables a seven-seater layout. The two individual seats swivel and can either face forward or be rotated for face-to-face conference seating. There is also an optional centre table.
Driver Assistance Systems
New Vivaro Life Elite features practical innovation and affordable advanced technology.
Elite features a range of state-of-the-art driver assistance and safety features. Standard specification on Elite includes keyless open and start, xenon headlights, head-up display, blind spot alert and 180° rear parking camera. Additional safety features are grouped together and are available in options packs, making it easier to add the level of security needed.
Located above the second row of seats, Elite features a stunning panoramic roof to let the light in, and transform the atmosphere of the cabin. When day turns to night, there are sliding blinds so passengers can recline and relax. Elite also has dual electric sliding doors for getting in and out of the rear cabin, with intelligent sensors that give hands-free access. There is also a split tailgate with a handy opening rear window for quick and easy access to luggage space.
Elite also features Vauxhall Connect. Initially this enables e-call with automatic emergency response but more connectivity is to follow.
The all-new Vivaro range features an array of powerful yet frugal engines and smooth transmissions, for low running costs, reduced emissions and maximum efficiency. All are validated and approved to Euro 6D Temp (Euro 6.2) which utilises the more real world representative WLTP emissions cycle.
Elite specification (from £40,705 on-the-road)
- Front Seats – electrically operated and heated with massage function
- Multimedia Navi with 7-inch touch screen; DAB; USB; BT; Apple CarPlay and Android Auto; HiFi Surround and connected 3D satellite navigation
- Keyless door opening and engine start
- Carla black leather upholstery
- Split opening tailgate
- Xenon Headlights, with LED daytime running lights
- Front Fog Lamps with Cornering Lights
- 17-inch Diamond-Cut Alloy Wheels
- Dual front, Front and Rear Curtain Airbags
- Head-Up Display
- Dual-Zone (front) & Manual AirCon (rear). Additional non-programmable heating.
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Cruise Control
- 180° Rear Parking Camera
- Dual “hands free” electric sliding side doors (with foot sensors)
- Privacy Rear Glazing
- Panoramic glass roof
- Full Body Colour Exterior
- Vauxhall Connect (E-Call)
Vivaro Life Edition
Priced from £27,210 on-the-road including VAT, all-new Vivaro Life Edition is built for business, with no end to its versatility. This stylish and multi-functional passenger carrier is perfect for use as a work transportation vehicle or taxi, thanks to the abundance of flexible seating and generous load space.
Edition standard configuration is as a two-seater (bench seat can be optioned). The second row, or second and third row can be optioned to enable a five-, six-, eight- or nine-seat configuration. Edition offers further flexibility in the seating configuration as the second and third rows feature an individual folding third seat. This maximises flexibility for loading longer items of up to 2.4m alongside several passengers.
Edition replaces the Vivaro Combi and also competes in the minibus segment. Edition is aimed at businesses who require a functional people carrier. It has always had success as a donor for taxi and WAV/Motability conversions, and this will continue. New Vivaro Life Edition is ten per cent less at entry-level compared to its predecessor even when taking into consideration that second and third row seating need to be optioned:
Outgoing Vivaro Combi 2900 1.6CDTi (120PS) S/S L1H1 9-Seat
- £32,717 on-the-road including VAT
New Vivaro Life Edition 2900 1.5CDTi (100PS) S/S M 2-Seat
- £27,210 on-the-road including VAT
- Second Row Seating – £800 on-the-road including VAT
- Second and Third Row Seating – £1,600 on-the-road including VAT
Edition Specification (from £27,210 on-the-road)
- 4-Way Driver’s Seat
- Passenger Bench Seat
- Radio with DAB, USB & BT
- Power Windows (One-Touch facility)
- Power/Heated Exterior Mirrors
- 16” Steel Wheels with Centre Cover
- Full-size Spare Wheel
- Dual Side Sliding Doors
- Driver and Passenger Airbags
- Cruise Control with speed-limiter
- Vauxhall Connect (E-Call)
All-New Vivaro: Made In Britain
Vauxhall’s all-new Vivaro Life, which is based on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 platform, will be built at the company’s Luton manufacturing plant, helping to secure 1,250 jobs. Investment in the new vehicle will help increase the plant’s production capacity to 100,000 units per year.