OP-COM Software Download & Installation Guide
OP-COM is a Windows-based diagnostic application package for Vauxhall and Opel cars. The package works on a variety of Opel cars. It can be used even with new cars that employ CAN-bus-based diagnostics, such as the Zafira-B, Astra-H, and Vectra-C.
CAN-bus (which stands for controller area network) is a type of protocol used in the OBD-II standard of diagnostics. It is required for trucks and cars that are sold in the United States since 1996 to have an on-board diagnostics (OBD) port. On-board diagnostic is an automotive term that refers to a vehicle’s capability to self-diagnose and generate reports about its own status. Modern OBD makes use of standardized digital communications port that gives real-time information about the vehicle’s system. This helps car owners and technicians quickly detect and identify malfunctions as well as determine solutions.
Diagnostic codes are sent through the computer systems of the computer and read by diagnostic tools plugged into the OBD port. The interface is designed to read and eliminate fault codes, display live data, and allow output tests. Key programming and remote features are also available. The application supports the inspection of a wide range of automotive units and systems, such as the engine, transmission, radio, electronic climate control, engine cooling module, and so on. Opel makes use of many pins in the OBD connector. OP-COM addresses this through its diagnostic interface that functions like a multiplexer and intuitively chooses the suitable pin for communication.
Below are the latest OP-COM & VAUXCOM Software simply download and extract files then follow the instructions below.
You may need to add this to your antivirus exceptions as it flags it up as a virus this is a false positive it is 100% safe.
We find that installing OPCOM with Test Mode enabled will solve any problems with the device not being found, etc.
Windows 10 OPCOM Installation Instructions
- Download WinRAR and install if needed
- Extract file to the desired destination e.g C:\OPCOM
- Plug in the opcom unit
- Open Device Manager (Press the Windows key + X or right-click on Start to open the Power User Menu.)
- Find opcom USB V2 then right-click and select update driver
- Locate the extracted OPCOM folder from earlier and highlight the folder drivers 32 & 64bit then click next
- It should now install the drivers it may find a serial driver with no drivers this is normal.
- From within the extracted folder, Right Click on OPCOM and select properties. Select the Compatibility tab then:
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box then select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the drop-down
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box
- Run OPCOM from the extracted folder and allow it to run as an administrator
- Click settings then click “Test Interface” Button it should come up with test ended successfully.
- You are now up and running.
*Vauxcom Installation is a simple extract and run.